I am excited to be hosting this month, and I have giveaways lined up for the next four weeks. Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. It is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists! Last month Rose City Reader hosted and you can view the touring blog list at Mailbox Monday blog for the upcoming months.
*Please note: I will be posting MM on Sunday mornings.
Last week I received one book that I can't wait to read:
The Year We Were Famous by Carole Estby Dagg (For review)
With their family home facing foreclosure, seventeen-year-old Clara Estby and her mother, Helga, need to raise a lot of money fast—no easy feat for two women in 1896. Helga wants to tackle the problem with her usual loud and flashy style, while Clara favors a less showy approach. Together they come up with a plan to walk the 4,600 miles from Mica Creek, Washington, to New York City—and if they can do it in only seven months, a publisher has agreed to give them $10,000. Based on the true story of the author’s great-aunt and great-grandmother, this is a fast-paced historical adventure that sets the drama of Around the World in Eighty Days against an American backdrop during the time of the suffragist movement, the 1896 presidential campaign, and the changing perception of “a woman’s place” in society.
- Just leave the link to your Mailbox post by using Mr. Linky below.
- For an extra entry, leave a comment at the end of this post. If you do not wish to be entered, you can still leave the link to your MM but also leave me a comment telling me not to enter you.
- Open to Us and Canada. No PO Boxes.
- Giveaway ends Saturday, February 12 at 9:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Winner will be announced the next day in the MM post.