I completed the TwentyEleven Challenge. Yay! And it was fun. I hope Bart's Bookshelf will host it again in 2012. Here are the 20 books I read for the required 11 categories:
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Year We Were Famous by Carole Estby Dagg
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
- The Queen of New Beginnings by Erica James
3. Hot off the Presses: Read a book published (in your country) in 2011? Then it counts for this category. I'm Canadian and these books were published in 2011.
- The Human Body: Lift the Flap and Learn by Pascale Hédelin
- Whole Foods to Thrive: Nutrient-Dense, Plant-Based Recipes for Peak Health by Brendan Brazier
4. It Wasn’t Me! (aka Bad Bloggers*) Books in this category should be ones you’ve picked up purely on the recommendation of another blogger. (Any reviews you post should also link to the post that convinced you give the book ago).* Bad Bloggers: Is hosted by Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on.
- How to Love an American Man by Kristine Gasbarre (Recommended by Meg of Write Meg!)
- The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt by Caroline Preston (Recommended by Kathy of BermudaOnion)
5. Show it Who is Boss! Tackle that overflowing T.B.R. pile! Books for this category must be already residents of your bookshelves as of 1/12/10.
- A Royal Likeness by Christine Trent
- Who Wants Pizza? The Kids' Guide to the History, Science and Culture of Food by Jan Thornhill
6. Bablefish: Read books that are translated from a language that is not your own.
- The Spaghetti Detectives by Andreas Steinhofel (translated from German)
7. Will-Power? What Will-Power? (aka: The Henry Ward Beecher Memorial.)You know that quote I have in my blog-header… “Where is human nature so weak as in a bookstore?” Recognize yourself in it? Then this is the one for you! Bought a book NEW during 2011? Then it counts for this category. Second-hand books do not count for this one, but, for those on book-buying bans, books bought for you as gifts or won in a giveaway also count.
- The Rules of Parenting by Richard Templar
- Mr Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo
8. Mind the Gap: Need just one more book to compete that duology/trilogy/series then read it for this one! (Obviously as this is for that final book you need to complete it, then you can’t read two books from the same series! And it clearly can’t be your first or penultimate read!) Because not everyone reads a series in order, this is for the last book you need to read, not necessarily the last book in the series…
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- The 39 Clues Book 11: Vespers Rising by Rick Riordan, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, Jude Watson
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
10. Way Back When: Read books that were published before you were born for this one, whether that be the day before or 100 years prior! I am not going to state the year I was born, but these books were published way before that date!
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (1950)
- The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald (1945)
11. Slim-Pickings: Got a novella you want to read? Then this one is the one for you! Any books between 90-150 pages count. This was a hard category.
- Chique Secrets of Dolce Vita by Barbara Conelli
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.