Here are the rules:
- Read a total of 20 books from 11 categories.
- Each book can only qualify for one category.
- You will need to read a minimum of 1 and a max of 2 in each. (Essentially meaning you can choose two categories where you only need to read one book.)
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Books read from 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011 are eligible.
And the categories for TwentyEleven are:
- To YA or not YA…Okay, this one works like this… Tend to read more Young Adult than Adult Fiction books, then read one or two adult fiction titles, vice-versa if you don’t tend to read much Young Adult.
- …With a Twist: This one focuses on sub-genres, read a lot of chick-lit, then try a paranormal romance! Fantasy? Why not give some Steampunk a go, like a bit of Space-Opera in your Sci-Fi then pick up a military Sci-fi book. Like your Contemporary Literature, give a Young Adult Contemporary a chance. Well hopefully you get the idea!
- Hot off the Presses: Read a book published (in your country) in 2011? Then it counts for this category.
- It Wasn’t Me! (aka Bad Bloggers*) Books in this category should be ones you’ve picked up purely on the recommendation of another blogger. (Any reviews you post should also link to the post that convinced you give the book ago).* Bad Bloggers: Is hosted by Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on.
- Show it Who is Boss! Tackle that overflowing T.B.R. pile! Books for this category must be already residents of your bookshelves as of 1/12/10.
- Bablefish: Read books that are translated from a language that is not your own.
- Will-Power? What Will-Power? (aka: The Henry Ward Beecher Memorial.)You know that quote I have in my blog-header… “Where is human nature so weak as in a bookstore?” Recognise yourself in it? Then this is the one for you! Bought a book NEW during 2011? Then it counts for this category. Second-hand books do not count for this one, but, for those on book-buying bans, books bought for you as gifts or won in a giveaway also count.
- Mind the Gap: Need just one more book to compete that duology/trilogy/series then read it for this one! (Obviously as this is for that final book you need to complete it, then you can’t read two books from the same series! And it clearly can’t be your first or penultimate read!) Because not everyone reads a series in order, this is for the last book you need to read, not necessarily the last book in the series…
- Back in the Day: Re-read an old favourite or two for this category.
- Way Back When: Read books that were published before you were born for this one, whether that be the day before or 100 years prior!
- Slim-Pickings: Got a novella you want to read? Then this one is the one for you! Any books between 90-150 pages count.
As always though, the categories are intended to be loose guidelines only, if you decide it fits, then it fits!
Anyone thinking of joining me?
Sounds like a fun challenge! Good luck.ReplyDelete
Sounds like a great challenge, Laura. Maybe I'll join you!ReplyDelete