*See my updates below*
So after hearing so much about it, I've decided to participate in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon. It happens tomorrow, Saturday April 28 from 8 am and runs for 24 hours. I'm quite excited about it actually. It reminds me of why I love book blogging and its community.
Is anyone else doing this? Let me know so we can cheer you each other on!
Tomorrow is also Canadian Independent Bookstore Day. So I'm planning on taking a break at my local bookstore and buying a book.
A quick summary of this challenge: What is Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon? For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs, Twitters, Instagrams, Litsy, Facebook, Goodreads and MORE about our reading, and visit other readers’ homes online. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. It happens twice a year, in April and in October.
Here are my plans:
- I plan to read several books, mostly novellas and graphic style nonfiction books that I've been meaning to read and also start a full-length novel. Done!
- I have a slew of children's books to read too so I'll read those in-between to change things up a bit. Read these in early hours of morning and they kept me up.
- I'll be doing some exercises in between reads so that I'm not sitting all the time. I went for a long walk and listened to an audiobook.
- I'm drinking lots of water and eating healthy snacks and chocolate, of course... Done!
- I'll be visiting other bloggers and cheering them on. I visited the Dewey site to keep track of hourly updates.
- I'll be visiting Dewey's site for any mini-challenges. Participated in a few.
- I'm not reading for 24 hours though because I need my sleep or I don't function well the next day. But that's the beauty of this Readathon, you can read as much or as little as you'd like! We were invited for a get-together and got home at 11:45 pm. I then continued reading until 2 am.
I read all the books in this pile, except for two!
Books I plan on reading:
The Deadliest Sport by June Trop (adult fiction / 242 pages) Read 75 pages
The End We Start From by Megan Hunter (adult fiction /160 pages)
Kenzie by AJ Eversley (YA fiction / 46 pages) Read
Max by AJ Eversley (YA fiction / 43 pages)
Things Are What You Make of Them by Adam J. Kurtz (adult nonfiction / 144 pages) Read
The Noncturnal Journal by Lee Crutchley (adult nonfiction / 192 pages) Read
In a Daze Work (adult nonfiction / 160 pages) Read
Children's Fiction: I read them all!!
Amira Can Catch by Kevin Christofora (40 pages)
Order! Order! by Nigel Tetley (56 pages)
Nothing Rhymes With Orange by Adam Rex (48 pages)
Everything is Mama by Jimmy Fallon (40 pages)
After the Fall by Dan Santat (40 pages)
Lines by Suzy Lee (40 pages)
You're All Kinds of Wonderful by Nancy Tillman (32 pages)
Book or Bell? by Chris Barton (40 pages)
I Love a Book by Joe Rhatigan (28 pages)
Happy reading to all participating!!
I had fun participating in this Readathon and will do it again in October. Thanks to the organizers for putting this all together and for their enthusiasm!