I have discovered the YA genre in my last year of book reviewing and blogging, so I am taking up this challenge hosted at For The Love of YA. I am doing the Mini Level to read 12 YA novels this year.
Here are the rules:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Create a post about the challenge and link your challenge post up in the linky below.
--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.
--The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.
--The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.
3. Audio, eBooks, paper, re-reads all count.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. The Challenge starts on January 1, 2011 and goes until December 31, 2011.
Here are the books I read for this challenge:
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- The Year We Were Famous by Carole Estby Dagg (Historical)
- The Landing by John Ibbitson
- The Lovely Shoes by Susan Shreve
- Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
- The Sweetest Thing by Elizabeth Musser
- Reasons to Be Happy by Katrina Kittle
- The Frankincense Trail by Jody Kihara
- I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend: A Secret Diary by Cora Harrison
- Fostergirls by